Thursday, July 10, 2014

Vacation in Maine

Let me just say, I LOVE MAINE....in June.


Maine in June is amazing. It could compare to anywhere on earth. The coast, the flowers, the subtle scent of salt on the air...*sigh.... 













But Maine in winter is...just....COLD. Freezing cold. Just look at all that snow! I could take it for a day, and then I'd miss my beautiful NC 50 degree weather with brown grass and leafless trees. 

My husband and I spent the first Christmas after we were married in Maine, and we decided that we would never go there in winter EVER AGAIN! Since then, it is Summer/Autumn only vacations in Maine. And we love it!  This year we spent a week in Maine with my family and best friend. It was a wonderful vacation.


(including the 20 hour drive both ways with 3 young children and a teenager in the car!) 

We stayed the first part of the week with my sister and her lovely family. 


 The kids had a LOT of fun swimming, playing, and visiting the sea shore with their cousins. 






Then we went and stayed with my best friend from high school. We always have a blast at her house! Well, at least I do, and I'm pretty sure MeMe did....hehe. Here she is having her shoes tied by Kristy's youngest daughter. Can we say future diva? 


We spent a LOT of time outside. At the park......

And, of course, at the shore side...

The younger girls all got a long really well, when Harmy wasn't tearing into everyone's toys...


That would be my husband, photo bombing an otherwise adorable picture!


These two got along so well. Made my heart sing to see them playing like old friends!



Little Man didn't care much for the water, but he LOVED the rocks! 


What? Huh? Who snuck that one in there?!!! hehehehe. Hubby and I were supposed to get a date night for our anniversary but it didn't work out. So we settled for some smooching on the beach while the kids played. 


The above picture is a sad story. Just a few moments later, my unofficial adopted daughter, Mina (in the green shorts) fell in the water and drowned her smart phone. I wasn't that shaken up about it. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!


And what better way to end a day of fun in the sun, but with the HUSBANDS getting supper ready and doing the dishes! WOOOHOO! Every wife's fantasy!

It was really a great trip, as always. Here I am with one of my best friends in the whole world. 

I love visiting my family and friends who have known me since I was a girl. But it was really nice to get home to what is familiar and comfortable. In the end, my favorite place is with the people I love most :-)  \

Coming soon: 
Little Man's first Birthday
and
Mom's Night Out!

No comments: