Friday, December 20, 2013

A "new" addition

Okay, okay. So our "new" addition is almost 6 months old. I am a horrible blogger, but that doesn't really matter anymore. In fact, blogging and being read by the masses doesn't really seem to matter much anymore. I miss writing for fun, and that's what I want to do more of.



We actually have two new additions to our family. The first arrived back in June. My adorable Little Man. He is my last baby (well, last planned baby :-P ).  He's been having some trouble gaining weight, and I have to admit....I'm jealous!!!!! We had to start feeding that little bottomless pit all day every day and night to get him to gain weight! The doctor said he probably has a very high metabolism.

Go figure.

Our second new addition arrived in July. She is a 14 year old gal that goes to our church and needed a place to live. She has been such a blessing and we love her to death. So we went right from being a family of 5 to a family of 6! I'll admit, I was a little unsure at first. I mean, I wasn't planning on dealing with dress codes, curfew, dating, and teenage sized attitudes for another 9 years! It took some time, but we are settling in. Having 4 kids is exhausting, but so much fun.



While my Little Man is struggling to get enough calories to put on a few pounds, Mommy is packing them on like a newborn calf! Because he was not thriving on mother's milk he is on formula w/cereal and solid foods. Not nursing has forced my calorie burn down, and I've gained a lot of weight all of a sudden.

Do you know that feeling you get when you realize you have gained weight,  but you don't want to admit to yourself that you are backsliding. I weighed myself 3 times before I finally realized that I can't live off my past success. I have to start from scratch. That took me a while to sink in. I need to start from scratch. Reevaluate, write new goals, make a new plan. Up til now I have kind of been depending on that old resolve to kick in at some point, but I know that isn't going to happen. Just because I lost 40 pounds 3 years ago, doesn't mean I'm going to automatically pick it back up now. This has to be a new starting point. A new start weight. A new resolve.



So that's where I am. And this is my little man now. Hopefully as he grows big and strong, Mommy will shrink small and strong!

No comments: